Sunday 14 October 2012

Bangkok Airport

We checked out of the Trang and made the 15 minute walk to the pickup. We stopped on the way to pick up another microwaveable ham and cheese toastie each (damn they were good...at the time) but were told by the driver that we were not allowed to eat in the car...fascist...so when he left to pick up other passengers on the way we slowly ate our toasties in true naughty school children fashion behind his back.

Due to our rational/irrational fear of somehow ending up with drugs in our rucksacks in a Thai airport, and the consequences of ending up in some horrendous Thai Prison (Bangkok Hilton for example) we had our rucksacks cling film wrapped for a small fee. They were difficult to carry afterwards (think of a sarcophagus for a midget and you're not far off) but it did bring peace of mind.

Bangkok airport is, at the end of the day, just an airport and nothing much happened. Nicola and I scoffed at the idea of paying over inflated prices, we sat around, I spent ages in a bookshop picking up many books before being reminded I had a kindle and I don't have to buy book every time I enter a bookshop and we waited...

....and waited...

However, as any of you who know Nicola well knows, she does not like pastry/bread that is sweet, only savoury...until now. Imagine the scene, me standing at a doughnut shop having a hard time choosing what to have (classic Joel) when all of a sudden, with no pressure from myself, Nicola opts to have a doughnut...shock horror (in reality Nicola wanted a coke and the doughnut came free, she ate it because she was hungry - I refused to feed her*). Nicola then turned and said to me "I wonder when the next time you'll persuade me to try one of these is"...

...5 minutes later, after she had tried a few bites of her doughnut and she LOVED it and she asked me (NOT the other way round) if we could get another doughnut...O...M...G. A big moment in my quest to get Nicola to eat/try everything I eat!

We then bought three doughnuts to share and in the process spending all our remaining Thai Baht. I chose two excellent doughnuts but Nicola rushed her choice (classic doughnut amateur) and it was average...being a true gentleman I swapped her chocolate spread one for my blueberry jam filled one.

...some time later...we boarded the plane for SYDNEY! 

And so ends the Thailand section of our travel blog...hope you enjoyed!


*only joking




No comments:

Post a Comment